Tuesday, October 6, 2015

365 Days and Counting

Just one year ago today,
That dreaded call came in.
Your test results are back,
You have cancer, said Dr Kim.

Alone at home, unprepared.
There was no time to cry.
How to tell Jeff? the kids?
No sense in asking my God why?

A song burst forth from my heart,
With aching in my gut,
That this is gonna be
The best day of my life, say what?

Scads of scans had to be read,
My green "bust" formed and cast,
While friends and family prayed,
And days so very slowly passed.

To Hawaii just in time,
Where salt water heals.
Treatment starts at Christmas.
Can you imagine how that feels?

This journey of mine has had,
So many ups and downs.
He who holds my future,
Gently carried me through the rounds.

Happy anniversary,
From this blogs' history.
Adversity is rough,
But can inspire you and me.


Thank you for joining me on this journey, I hope you have been inspired.
Currently I remain cancer free and infection free although on preventative antibiotics and anti fungals, which my insurance is still refusing to pay for. Ironically, if I get a fungus again, I can count on them to cover the real expensive stuff.
Updates will continue and your comments are a blessing.
Yes, I have cancer, but life trumps cancer every time!







7 comments:

  1. very touching, you have an amazing way with words. So good to hear that you have progressed to "infection free", and life has taken a turn for the better. Looking forward to counting the years ahead with you and putting the "C" monster behind. One year and counting. ♥xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That is my plan! Thank you for reading and commenting too! Love you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I spent hours getting the meter right, tho I think most won't read it that way. I appreciate that you read and comment my journey! Can't wait to hug you tight!

      Delete
  3. You have been so brave, and soldiered through a very tough year, giving God the glory all the way. Prayers for continued good health!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I covet your prayers and all prayers! One day at a time, sweet Jesus!

      Delete
  4. Your poem tells last years' story beautifully. I can't believe it's already been a year, and yet it seems like it lasted forever! How would we get through times like these without God?!!

    ReplyDelete