Wednesday, March 4, 2015

30 Days Post Treatment Update

Well, 30 days from treatment, my symptoms have decreased a tiny bit but overall haven't changed much since my last update.  My doctors are optimistic that the infection will clear up soon and that I should see significant improvement within 2 weeks. The hardest symptom to deal with at the moment is not being able to breathe from my nose. Once a week I see the PA who will remove some scar tissue and allow me to have an airway for a few days. Once the infection is gone, she can remove more scar tissue and hopefully it won't come back. It is also difficult with my face hurting at the slightest touch and my hair/scalp hurting when washed or combed. It's hard to go out in public these days.
When something like cancer enters your life, you also need to look after the loved ones to see how the disease affects them too. I know my children are concerned and they talk to me pretty freely about my treatment and healing process. They do research and suggest positive changes. What they don't understand is that it's hard to commit to a newly regimented lifestyle when you deal with constant pain and discomfort. I do eat as healthy as I can tho my taste buds are still out to lunch and I'm grateful for a walking partner that gets me out at least twice a week. Jeff, on the other hand, tends to keep things inside and his repetitive reply to anything I say is, "I'm sorry to hear that." Recently, he after several days suffering with tummy issues, he was diagnosed with Reflux. The doctor says it's from stress. I can't make him de-stress by taking about his concerns, so all I can do is continue to talk about it myself as calmly as possible. Maybe he will open up in time. As he feels it now affecting his health, perhaps he can learn to de-stress.
A few more meals have come our way and continue to be a blessing. Prayers are plentiful and cards of encouragement still arrive occasionally and we are so grateful. We are cautiously optimistic for a clear scan next month. This will be the benchmark scan that all future scans will be compared to.
Yes, I have cancer but there is hope in a cancer free future!
Yes, I have cancer but I'm grateful for praise and worship songs that fill my head in the way too early hours of the morning.
Yes, I have cancer but I'm so very thankful for you.
More to come.

2 comments: