Monday, April 27, 2015

New Surgery Scheduled for May 7th

Hello to all who are following my blog. I appreciate your support and want to keep my prayer partners informed too! At my 6 month post surgical appointment today, it was determined that another surgery is required to remove scar tissue from both sides of my nasal passages. We had hoped to take care of this blockage during the office visit, but it had gotten too advanced for that. I knew from my hysterectomy that my previous 3 cesarean sections had caused excessive scar tissue to build up. It had made my daughter's birth complicated. This means my body has arthrofibrosis; excessive scar tissue from surgery or trauma. Unfortunately, the same situation occurred in my nasal passages where my turbinators (personal humidifiers) had been removed as part of my cancer removal surgery. Once again, I find myself grateful that there is a medical solution, yet impatient to feel normal. I know God is building my character through this. I am also fortunate that my surgeon fit me in on May 7th so that I could have a few more than the recommended 10 days of recuperation before leaving for the wedding and vacation on May 22nd. A real blessing!
Most of the feeling is back in my cheek and my lock jaw is gone. My gums and teeth are still a bit sore but I ate nuts the other day so it's not too bad! The real healing is currently taking place around my eye socket and the side of my nose. I'm constantly rubbing my eye and scratching my nose because they tingle. Even this is a positive sign tho.
Jeff's Bell's Palsy has healed completely and he is keeping very busy painting the garage and fixing up the Thunderbird to reduce his stress from our situation. We are thrilled because he was grumpy enough without looking so angry from the partial paralysis. Looking forward to our daughter's first mother's day and getting to know our granddaughter better! That's the best post-op plan I can think of! Yes, I have cancer, but I'm determined to get through this stronger than I was and giving all glory to God! TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment