Thursday, November 20, 2014

Sometimes I just feel like dancing!

My sweet husband, who is NOT OCD like me, graciously and patiently color coded my cancer treatment calendars with BLUE (like scrubs I guess) for doctor appointments, RED for radiation (get it? laser zap zap...) and GREEN for chemo since he thinks I will look green with sickness! I LOVE AND APPRECIATE THIS MAN! So you may be wondering what my last two appointments were like and what transpired? I appreciate that you care and will give you a brief rundown... see these calendars above... THEY are what transpired. On Tuesday, it was confirmed that I will in fact receive both Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy, Monday through Friday AND traditional Oncology Infusion Chemotherapy through a PICC line in my arm for 5 hours every Monday. Additionally, there is a weekly blood draw on Fridays and weekly "team" meetings to see how I am doing. Wednesday's appointment was a successful dress rehearsal/dry run for the radiation team and I. The lovely green mask previously posted has shrunk a bit as they are known to do and so the initial lock down was very uncomfortable; but they said they will cut eye holes in by Dec and that should make me more comfortable too. My team members in there are younger than the rest, Bradley and Kelley... with an extra "e" because she said her mom wanted to be fancy! All the team members at Virginia Mason and St Francis are compassionate, friendly, and upbeat... except for my social worker who is a master's program intern. Not to go on and on about her; but she never smiled and was so "down" in her attitude that well, let's just say that I couldn't get out of there fast enough. My niece does this kind of work too and I sure wish I could have seen a bubbly personality like hers in that chair. That's about it for now. I bought a few perfect gifts today and still have to get some handmade Christmas gifts finished and in the mail... that is making me want to do the happy dance! 


My car "Dotty" is always tatted up too! It's just more cheerful!

This is my tattooed cold weather mask, I love it!

This is one of the many ceramics that have been sitting in a box for almost 20 years; since we lived in Alaska where doing ceramics is really big on the Air Force Base, and is now almost finished due to my anxious sleeplessness.

St Nick is finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment