Saturday, November 22, 2014

Ready to reclaim this day!

There are only three weekends a month that my hubby is home and when my head hurts too bad to enjoy one, that stinks. No cuddling, just Tylenol and a few extra winks for me. Then just as I'm about to head out for a full day of activities I enjoy, it's back. Dull but nerve wracking pain in my ears and jaw up to the sinuses. It's all part of the healing from surgery but some days I can handle it better than others. Today is not one of those days. No Christmas Bearzaar at my kids old high school. First time missing this one. No ladies brunch with my Freedom Session life group. Hated to be a no show at a baby shower for a sweet friend too, but I didn't want to spoil the mood for others and I wasn't up to smiling for a couple hours.
Time to reclaim this day! Took a hot shower to help clear my head and relax my nerves. I keep singing Stronger from Mandisa in my head. After lunch I'm determined to tackle a few projects and be off to work at my church! Worship will be balm to my soul. I'm grateful for the sunbreaks and for a second chance to make the most of each day! Thanks for listening.
More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment